On Tuesday, February 14th, at 8:00PM Central Time, GovDelivery released its latest update to the Digital Communication Management platform (DCM). The February release includes many great enhancements to the Advanced Bulletin Editor, updates to Page Watch Schedules, and usability enhancements:
Advanced Bulletin Editor Updates
After you perfect the layout, text, and images in a bulletin using the Advanced Bulletin Editor, you want to share your bulletin with as wide of audience as possible. We’ve extended our bulletin channels functionality to our Advanced Editor, allowing you to specify if a message is private or public and easily push your message to the appropriate channels, including email, text message, Facebook, Twitter, RSS feeds, and public landing pages.
Late last year, we introduced the ability to associate Advanced Bulletin custom templates with certain topics. Many of you asked for the ability to also restrict the use of stock templates. With this new release, you can now limit what topics have access to stock templates or completely restrict the use of stock templates.
Other updates to the Advanced Bulletin editor include:
- The content block toolbar now floats with you as you move down the screen. No more scrolling back to the top to grab a content block making the creation of great newsletters even easier.
- The ability to create templates that are greater than 700 px wide.
- When resending a bulletin created using the Advanced Bulletin Editor, you can resend the bulletin from the Advanced Editor.
Page Watch Time Zones
Previously, all Page Watch schedules were configured in Central Time. To avoid confusion and account for areas that observe Daylight Savings Time, Page Watch Schedules can now be set to run in your time zone.
- Unnecessary whitespace around images in Advanced Bulletin templates has been removed.
- Issues with saving Advanced Bulletin Editor templates have been resolved.
- An enhanced bulletin preview window allows the preview window to scale and depict an accurate representation of the bulletin.
- The section divider in Advanced Bulletins now renders correctly in all email clients.
- Spacing inconsistencies in the Advanced Bulletin Editor Image + Text blocks have been corrected.
- After resizing images in the Advanced Bulletin Editor, the image can now be moved.
- The date stamp in digested bulletins now is correctly formatted.
- Issue with the sign up process, where subscribers were redirected to the incorrect page after completing sign up, has been resolved.