Creating a Multiple-Choice Question
- On the menu to the left side of your screen, click on Questions.
- Click on the Create Question button at the top of your screen.
- Give your question a descriptive Name. Subscribers will not see this text.
- In the Question Type field, select one of the following:
- Select One: For questions where you expect a single response selection from the subscriber (e.g., What is your preferred language?). If you choose Select One, set the question display to either Radio buttons or Drop-down select.
- Select One or More: For questions that can have one or more answers. Response options will be available for selection with a check box. If you choose this question type, indicate whether the response options should be displayed in two columns with the Columnar field.
- At this point, set Publicly Visible to No.
Tip: Some organizations choose to keep questions hidden, or not public, if they want to upload data on their subscribers that they have already collected. You can use question responses to associate data with subscriber accounts. Making your question public lets subscribers see and update their responses.
- Click Save.
When you create a question, it becomes available for all topics in your account. If you want to restrict a question so it can only be used for certain topics, you can assign it to those topics. See Restricting and Reordering your Questions.
Creating Answer Choices
To create answers and make a Select One or Select One or More question visible:
- In the menu to the right, click Answers.
- There are two ways to create new answers:
- To enter answers directly: In the Display Text field, enter an answer. Click Add. Repeat for each answer.
- To upload a file of answers: Click Upload a CSV file. Click Browse to search for the CSV file that your answers are saved in. Click Upload.
- Set the order the answers will display to subscribers. You can either drag and drop the answers into order or renumber them manually.
- Click Update to save your changes.
Note: If your question type is set to Select One or More, you should not include commas in your answers. This can interfere with uploading subscriber answers (see Managing Subscriber Answers to Questions). Instead, use slashes. For example use this: "Planes/Trains/Automobiles" instead of "Planes, Trains, and Automobiles".
Set Answers Order
To set the order that answers will display to subscribers:
- Drag and drop the answers into the desired order or renumber the answers.
- Click Update.
- Now that your question setup is complete, navigate to the Information page using the menu on the right, and set Publicly Visible to Yes to allow subscribers to see the question.