On Tuesday, March 13th, at 8:00PM Central Time, GovDelivery released its latest update to the Digital Communication Management (DCM) platform. This latest release includes support for Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, the ability to wrap text around images in Advanced Bulletins, and new security options.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9
GovDelivery is excited to support Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 users. GovDelivery has been thoroughly tested with the latest version of IE and is now compatible with Microsoft Internet Explorer 7, 8, 9, Mozilla Firefox, and Google Chrome.
Enhanced Security Options
This month we are rolling out further administrator security protocols to prevent unauthorized access to your GovDelivery account. We now offer the option of requiring longer, more complex passwords for your administrators. Complex passwords are required to have upper and lower case letters, a number, and a symbol.
- During the subscription process, new subscribers are now redirected back to the page that they started on and the pop up window (where the subscription process took place) is automatically closed.
- While using a Chrome browser, administrators could not close out of the send test page when sending a test message in the Advanced Bulletin Editor. This has been resolved.
- Digested Messages can now be sent to a large number of recipients without failing.
- For accounts that do not have Bulletin File Links Enabled, they received an error message when sending a bulletin with attachments. This error message no longer displays.
- When creating a new bulletin in the Advanced Bulletin Editor toolbar, the scrolling toolbar now displays within the frame and does not block the toolbar buttons.
- Subscribers that opt to receive text-only digest messages were receiving truncated messages when certain characters were present in the bulletin.
- When sending a bulletin with attachments through the API, the file attachments are now delivered successfully.