Standard announcements display on the dashboard. Administrators see these announcements whenever they log into Communications Cloud through the administrator URL or whenever they access the dashboard.
Notes about standard announcements:
- Standard announcements display for all administrators in your account. You cannot direct an announcement to display for specific administrator(s).
- Administrators logging in through a Page Watch change message do not see standard announcements unless they navigate to the dashboard.
Overlay announcements display in a lightbox or "pop up" when an administrator logs into the Communications Cloud interface, regardless of how they access the system. Granicus utilizes overlay announcements to communicate critical information to our clients, such as a system outage or a new release. You can also create overlay announcements to share important messages with your administrators.
Notes about overlay announcements:
- Overlay announcements display for all administrators in your account. You cannot direct an announcement to display for specific administrator(s).
- Overlay announcements will only display the first time an administrator logs in. On subsequent visits to Communications Cloud, the administrator can view the announcement on the dashboard page.
- You can have multiple overlay announcements at the same time. They will display in a single lightbox.
- If you edit an overlay announcement, it will redisplay as an overlay for all administrators the next time they log into Communications Cloud.
- Overlay announcements display regardless of how an administrator logs into Communications Cloud (through the administrator URL or through a Page Watch message).
- Overlay announcements will display on the dashboard until they expire.
- Administrators that create an overlay announcement will not see it as an overlay when they log in, but it will display for all other administrators.
How to Create an Announcement
To create an announcement:
- Click on Announcements from the toolbar on the left side of the screen.
- Click Create Announcement.
- Enter a Title for your announcement.
- In the Text field, create your announcement. You can easily include text, graphics, tables, and links using the toolbar at the top of the text edit area.
- Set an Activation Date. By default, your announcement will display immediately. If you want to schedule the announcement to display at a future date/time, use the calendar to schedule an activation date.
- Set an Expiration Date. By default, announcements will display for one year. If you want to schedule an alternate expiration date, use the calendar to select a different time/date.
- Select if you want the announcement to display as an overlay. The default No option in the drop-down menu creates the announcement as a line item on the dashboard when users log in. Selecting Yes will show users a lightbox or pop-up of the announcement when they log in.
- Review your announcement, and then click Save.
Administrators with the appropriate permissions can manage current, past, and future announcements by clicking on the Announcements on the left side of your screen. From here you can access expired announcements, delete an announcement, or edit an announcement. Note that all announcements, even if they are expired, will continue display on this page until they are deleted.
How to Edit an AnnouncementTo edit or update an announcement:
- On the Announcements page, click the announcement that you want to edit.
- Update or edit the announcement as you wish.
- Click Save.
How to Delete an Announcement
To delete an announcement:
- On the Announcements page, check the box next to the announcement that you want to delete.
- Click Delete Announcement.
- Confirm that you want to delete the announcement. Click Yes.